Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Fujica Z2 and Wurker Splice tapes

  1. #1
    Inactive Member oldasdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2003
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Anyone have any idea on how to loosen the focus ring on this camera?Is it normally stiff?It's so stiff,when I first got the camera,I was looking for an internal focus knob,like on a Bolex 165.Also,can the camera's manual iris be operated without a meter battery or is it all electronic?

    I'm also looking for tapes for a Wurker splicer.I have a lot of my first attempts at super 8 filming from the early 70's that are in awful shape and I need to make them telecine worthy.Much of this I may have to digitally scan one frame at a time.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The good news is Hama splices work with wurkers!

    And the Hama splice tabs are less expensive than Wurkers.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member oldasdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2003
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cool,now where can I get those?

  4. #4
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The best place for hama tape splices that I know of is eBay Germany.

    I would do an ebay search with the word Hama and see what comes up.

  5. #5
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I came across a hama package of splice tabs so I'll list what is on the package, this should make your searching easier.

    ---------------------------------------

    foto-technic hama.

    CINEKETT 3778

    Film-Klebefolie S 8 universal

    Splicing Tapes/Foils 50 St./P.


    "For sound, stereo sound and silent movies. No tape on film edges."

    For Hama film-splicers (use???) No. 3751, 3781, 3783.

    Made in Germany

    ------------------------

    On the back of the package there is a sticker and it says...

    Foto Przibylla
    Schifferstadt

    DM 7.90

  6. #6
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Did you find splice tabs?

  7. #7
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I found out that Spectra Film & Video in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles is the United States distributor of Hama!

    Good job!

    Hama tape splices with a Wurker tape splicer, perhaps the best combination of Super-8 film splicing one could get. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member etimh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2005
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Alex:
    And the Hama splice tabs are less expensive than Wurkers.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">What led you to this conclusion? Chambless sells a 50-pack of Wurker 3771's (Duoplay 2-frame) for the same price as a 50-pack Hama 3778's--$13.95.

    And don't the Hamas cover a total of four frames as opposed to the 2-frame Wurkers? Go with the Wurkers.

    Check out here:

    http://www.chamblesscineequip.com/catalog/catalog.htm

    Tim

  9. #9
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Oh no, a controversy!

    I had no idea Chambless charged identically for both types of splices.

    I don't know what Spectra charges, maybe the Hama's are less at Spectra than at Chambless????

    Is it possible that the Hama tape splices are still being made whereas the Wurker splice tabs are no longer made? The reason I ask is I have some older Wurker splices still sealed in their packaging but they have lost their stickiness anyways and I don't seem to see new ones for sale anywhere whereas it appears hamas seem to be being sold as new.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member etimh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2005
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Alex:
    Oh no, a controversy!
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Just trying to keep things exciting around here Alex. [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •